See how to create performance tests and evaluations for your club to measure and assess your athletes' performance.
Note that when you are a coach but create a performance test as an athlete, then this test will only be shown in your private list of tests. It will not be shared in your club's tests. But if you create a test for your club as a coach, it will also be seen in your private list of tests.
This tutorial will give you an overview of the following topics:
- How to create a performance test
- How to enter test results
- How to send test reports to athletes and parents
- How to use custom formulas
Navigate to Coach -> Tests to start.
NB! Each test can contain multiple exercises and each exercise can contain multiple variables that you measure, so there will be a wide variety of tests you can use.
Create a performance test
- Click on the "New test" to create a new test (or test battery).
- Enter test name and description (using a thorough description is a good way to educate athletes and parents about this test and why it is important).
- Select an exercise for the test from the list or create a new one.
- For new exercises, enter exercise name, choose sports discipline, and add a description.
- For each exercise, you can choose up to 6 variables you measure.
- Save your process.
- Repeat steps 4-6 if you want to add more exercises to the test.
Enter test results
Here's how to input performance test results for your athletes:
- Choose the training group or individual athlete whose test results you wish to enter (top left corner).
- Choose a test or a test battery created by you or by another coach in your club and click "Enter results".
- Choose the date where the performance test, evaluation or test battery was conducted.
- Enter results in the appropriate fields.
- Save your progress.
Send test reports to athletes and parents
Here's how to send out reports:
- Click on "Send report".
- Choose what data you would like to add to the reports:
- The latest test results (mandatory).
- Results of the test before that.
- Personal best.
- Test descriptions (good for educating parents).
- Choose which tests you want to include.
- Click on "Next".
- Choose the recipients (each person will receive a report about their own or their kids' results.
- Click on "Continue".
- Enter a message to be included in the email.
- Click on "Continue", verify the recipients and the "Send".
How to use custom formulas
You can use formulas to make calculations based on the measurements and subjective evaluations. For example, if you measure body mass and height, you can easily calculate the body mass index using the values entered in the test results.
You can set up formula as one of the variables when creating a new test.
What can be used in the formulas:
- Variable notation: [[fieldname]]
- Arithmetic operators: +, -, *, /, ^, (pow function)
- Comparison operators: <>, !=, ==, >, <, >=, <=
- Functions: min(1,2), max(3,4,5), if([[mass]]>50,2,1), sum(1,2,3), pow(2,2)
- Allowed variables: repetitions, duration, length, distance, speed, cadence, strokes, power, hr, hr_avg, hr_max, lactate, mass, points, value, percent
See an example below:
That's it, easy as that!